Toronto neo-soul artist Shannon Chapman writes about hindsight, love, self-contemplation and breaking bad habits. Grounded in lush Rhodes pads and punctuated by head-bobbing woodwinds, Shannon’s lyrics feature themes of honesty and vulnerability – topics reflected in her artist philosophy and creative practice.
Her forthcoming solo EP, Ebb & Flow, sees Shannon as multi-instrumentalist, writer, vocalist and producer. The EP explores concepts such as time, cycles, and growth through a kaleidoscope lens of contemporary neo-soul, 90s R&B and 70s jazz fusion.
- Ebb & Flow (March 6, 2020)
- Piece of the Puzzle (January 24, 2020)
- Slow It Down (November 8, 2019)
- Breaking My Rules (September 27, 2019)
- What You Do (May 11, 2018)